Friday, February 28, 2014

Your Right To Dress...Or Did You Lose that Freedom?


I don't think the school went to far because kids don't think about whether or not what their shirts say or what the logo is on it without hurting kids feelings with different races. It seems that the school administration cared more about the shirt than the students who were offended. The kids who wore their countries flag on their shirt were just showing they care about their country. The students who felt offended shouldn't be because those same students who are Latino could've wore a shirt that represents their country. The school shouldn't have made the students turn their shirts inside out for the day because it wasn't necessary for them to make them. There is nothing racial or offensive about wearing a shirt that represents your country. Everyone can do it to support their country. We do and we don't have respect for other countries. We have respect for other countries because they give us supplies and we communicate in someway with each other. We don't have respect for countries because other countries always want to start battles and wars with the US. If I was the principle at this school in California, I would've let the students wear the shirts. I wouldn't see anything wrong with students supporting their countries even if those students didn't know what the reaction of the Latino students were. I feel that the judge made the wrong decision by banning the shirts for the day. I don't think this case will even go to the supreme court because it isn't a case that should go to the supreme court because it is a misunderstanding and no big deal. If I was asked to turn the shirt inside out, I would say no. It is just a shirt and it's not like it is inappropriate. It just has United States flag on it. I don't see anything wrong with wearing it. I would be very mad and upset if they told me to turn it off.

No comments:

Post a Comment